Publishing an org chart means that you have the ability to save, export, or upload your chart to your company server (SharePoint), network, intranet or even website (OneDrive, Dropbox). This makes it possible for you to share your created charts, reports and directories with all or a few selected employees. Simply select the directory in which you wish to save the chart and choose the file format (PDF, Power Point or Word, html 5) that you wish the chart to be viewed in. The same applies to any file linked or attached to your chart.
OrgChart 8 and 7 Technical Specifications
Operating Systems Vista, Windows 7, Window 8 or higher 32 or 64-bit
- Microsoft Excel – Versions 2003, 2007, 2010, All MS-Office versions Microsoft Word – Versions 2003, 2007, 2010, All MS-Office versions
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Versions 2003, 2007, 2010, All MS-Office versions Microsoft Visio – Versions 2003, 2007, 2010, All MS-Office versions
- Interactive PDF / Adobe Acrobat Reader – All versions
- Flash – Version 8 or higher
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google, Chrome Version 20
Interfacing Databases and Formats
- Excel (Workbook and CSV)
- Microsoft Outlook Microsoft Active Directory / LDAP XML Document
- Oracle Databases – Versions 8 and 10
- Microsoft SQL Server – All versions
- Microsoft Access – Versions 2003, 2007, 2010
- Microsoft Project – .mpx file interface, Version 2002
Publishing and Reporting Format Options
- Publish all supported image types (jpg, png, gif, bmp, etc.)
- Adobe Reader Interactive PDF Microsoft Word Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Data Management HRIS Formats
- Oracle HR EBS
Recommended Mac Specifications
- Windows® 7 or higher
- Mac OS X v 10.8 or later
- VMWare Fusion or Parallels
Is there a tutorial I can watch?
We have a library of video tutorials for you to watch on how to use OrgChart Professional or Orgchart Platinum. Visit OrgChart Videos
How do I create an org chart by importing data from Excel?
To quickly create an org chart from your existing Excel data, download our step by step instructions located here.
What Functions Can OrgChart Perform?
- Visualize and model organizational change scenarios
- Build and display dynamic, multilevel organization charts
- Create employee directories and management files
- Model and evaluate impact of organizational change scenarios
- Provide instant on-line access to reporting structures, payroll information, security information, emergency contact information, hire dates, new hire needs, termination dates, general contact information, education, job experience, resumes, job appraisals and more.
What if I don’t have existing files and data to automatically build my org charts?
What Kind of Organization is OrgChart Designed For?
What formats can OrgChart publish to?
How do I get Help When Using OrgChart?
- Our software contains built in context sensitive Help tools, Wizards and Tutorials, and a fully indexed Help section.
- Free help with installation and set up is included as part of your purchase.
- OrgChart user manuals are available for downloading at anytime directly from our website.
- Purchase a Support Service Plan for free access to our expert staff.
- Or email email@example.com or contact us via our live chat function.
Tell me what publishing an org chart means?
Silent Update Instructions for OrgChart
This feature was added for customers who receive frequent changes to their HR data and want to update the OrgChart on a daily basis. They do not want to have to take the time and human effort to run the OrgChart program manually.
With Silent Update you can schedule a job that calls the OrgChart program, runs it using the most recently updated organization / HR data, and automatically updates the common outputs such as a PowerPoint presentation or Flash web site.
To download the complete instructions click here.
How to Create an Org Chart by Importing Multiple Excel Files
Suppose, Excel file contains two sheets or Tabs (attached)
The second sheet contains some more people data.
This query (below) gives the ability to import data from the second sheet as well. Actually, this is a rather flexible tool, but it requires the SQL requests knowledge. Here is the syntax:
SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$] P INNER JOIN [Sheet2$] C ON P.ID=C.IDPerson
Consider this if you are asked about any situation where multiple spreadsheets are involved.
If you have additional questions contact: Support@officeworksoftware.com
How Do I Restrict Access to Confidential Information?
OrgChart can be securely contained directly on your PC. Information and files you wish to share with others can be uploaded to your corporate server, intranet or web but will still remain linked to your desktop where you will have full editing capabilities. Sensitive information, such as salaries and home addresses, can be password and filter protected to authorized users. The ability to update and change information on the chart can also be password protected or restricted to selected users.
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Officework Software Discontinues Support for OrgChart v5
Getting started basics
Ideal for small companies under 100
The latest from OrgChart®, Version 8
Taking org charts and workforce management to a new level
Our subject matter expert, Joe Kolinger, walks through the advanced features of our latest version of OrgChart Professional and Platinum. Learn how OrgChart 8 can help solve your succession planning and workforce management obstacles.